Manuscript “Genomic Basis of Delayed Reward Discounting” accepted to the Behavioural Processes journal
Drs. Palmer and Sanchez-Roige are co-authors on the manuscript “Genomic Basis of Delayed Reward Discounting” that has been accepted to Behavioural Processes. Other co-authors are Joshua Gray, James MacKillop, Harriet de Wit.
Highlights from the paper:
• Delayed reward discounting (DRD) is a measure of capacity to delay gratification.
• DRD is moderately heritable and associated with mental, physical, and social outcomes.
• DRD is a component of Research Domain Criteria and a putative target for treatment.
• The largest GWAS to date yielded a SNP heritability of 12% and one significant SNP.
• Future priorities include GWAS with